:::click images to see more detail:::
I finished up the pirate costume last night. When I finished the initial sewing the other day I decided it looked to pristine. Pirates aren't clean looking. So I decided to distress the fabric and make it look a little old. I was kind of nervous about messing it up, but it turned out pretty good. I didn't go crazy with rips and tears because I don't want it to fall apart. I used sandpaper, acrylic paint and dusted it with a little black spray paint.
Once I added all the "extras" the costume really came to life. The sword, though it looks like metal, is in fact plastic.
"extras": pistol, sword, leather belt, long black scarf, coin pouch, and 3 necklaces. I will also be wearing a red scarf around me head and earring.